This bread is just awesome. It's cheesy and has a slight tang from the herbs. None of these flavours are too over-powering, however, so the bread is light and perfect as a side with dinner. And this bread was tested by my extremely picky nine-year-old sister, so it's totally kid-friendly. I love this bread, and I will definitely be making this recipe again!
Mozzarella Herb Bread
Yield: One 1.5 pound loaf (approx. 6-8 slices)
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. (Mine didn't specify when to add the cheese and herbs, so I added those last.) Select White Bread setting; press Start.