Creamy avocados and tangy, light yogurt with a bit of tart lime juice... Yum!
This is a great recipe, especially for summer. It's light, fresh, and full of flavour. I made this and served it with pita chips, and it was seriously addictive! I'm really getting into yogurt dips. They're tangy, light and healthy.
Also, I recommend squeezing a bit of lime juice on the top if you aren't eating immediately: it keeps the avocados from browning. You could also omit the jalapenos if you'd like, because I found it was the slightest bit spicy (but definitely not "hot").
This is a simple, healthy and delicious recipe. I will definitely be making this again!
Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (I omitted)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, and/or cut-up veggies such as carrots, celery, etc..