These cookies were insanely good. They were fudgy and chewy, like perfect brownies in cookie form. There were tons and tons of chocolate chunks, which I just loved. These really are a chocolate lover's dream! These are super easy and, as the title states, only require one bowl. Definitely a recipe that I will be making again and again!
I used 1/4 cup measures to drop the cookies onto the baking sheet, and the cookies turned out huge! I will probably use large tablespoons to drop them next time-- reason being that next time, I won't be able to eat a huge cookie (which is really 2 normal cookies) by justifying that it's only ONE cookie. Because under that logic, I can eat up to three cookies and be able to justify it to myself-- which i just dangerous with these cookies.
(Also: I'm sorry about the bad picture quality. I've been reading that natural light is best to take pictures, so I tried taking pictures outside on a sunny day. Bad idea. I guess you have to find a balance... I'm still learning!)
Death by Chocolate Cookies
Yield: approx. 1½ dozen cookies
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, divided (I used Baker's)
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coarsely chop 8 squares (1 package) of chocolate; set aside (these will be your chocolate chunks).
- Microwave remaining 8 squares of chocolate in large microwavable bowl on high for 1-2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stir sugar, butter, eggs & vanilla into melted chocolate. Stir in flour and baking powder. Stir in reserved chopped chocolate.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until cookies are puffed and feel set to the touch. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.