Saturday 12 May 2012

One-Bowl Death by Chocolate Cookies

Pin It

These cookies were insanely good. They were fudgy and chewy, like perfect brownies in cookie form. There were tons and tons of chocolate chunks, which I just loved. These really are a chocolate lover's dream! These are super easy and, as the title states, only require one bowl. Definitely a recipe that I will be making again and again!

I used 1/4 cup measures to drop the cookies onto the baking sheet, and the cookies turned out huge! I will probably use large tablespoons to drop them next time-- reason being that next time, I won't be able to eat a huge cookie (which is really 2 normal cookies) by justifying that it's only ONE cookie. Because under that logic, I can eat up to three cookies and be able to justify it to myself-- which i just dangerous with these cookies.

(Also: I'm sorry about the bad picture quality. I've been reading that natural light is best to take pictures, so I tried taking pictures outside on a sunny day. Bad idea. I guess you have to find a balance... I'm still learning!)


Death by Chocolate Cookies
Yield: approx. 1½ dozen cookies
  • 2 packages (8 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, divided (I used Baker's)
  • ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • ¼ cup butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • ½ cup flour
  • ¼ teaspoon baking powder
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coarsely chop 8 squares (1 package) of chocolate; set aside (these will be your chocolate chunks). 
  2. Microwave remaining 8 squares of chocolate in large microwavable bowl on high for 1-2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
  3. Stir sugar, butter, eggs & vanilla into melted chocolate. Stir in flour and baking powder. Stir in reserved chopped chocolate. 
  4. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until cookies are puffed and feel set to the touch. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Baker's.





Pin It

4 comments:

  1. These sound and look delicious! I love fudgy brownies so these would hit the spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had some of these right now...yum!

    Jennifer
    www.withlovefromsophienme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, only 1/2 cup flour, the photo(s) make my mouth water. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the recipe for these delicious chocolate cookies. We loved having you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope to see you back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete