Friday 13 April 2012

Yogurt Breaded Chicken Breasts

Pin It

I had some yogurt I wanted to use up, when I found this recipe on Six Sisters' Stuff I figured this would be a great way to do it. The chicken was perfectly moist, had a bit of tartness from the yogurt, and really flavourful. I loved it! Great, simple and healthy recipe :)


Yogurt Breaded Chicken Breasts
  • 8 ounces plain yogurt
  • 1¼ cup bread crumbs (I used whole-wheat saltine crackers crushed with a food processor)
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 4 boneless chicken breasts
  1. Pound chicken down to desired thickness (mine was about a centimetre thick).
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle ¼ cup breadcrumbs on a 15x10x1" pan (this will keep the chicken from getting soggy at the bottom).
  3. In a shallow bowl, stir together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano and italian seasoning. Place the yogurt in another shallow bowl.
  4. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on each side. Coat with yogurt and roll in crumb mixture. Place in pan on top of the breadcrumbs.
  5. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken isn't pink on the inside and the juices run clear. 
Recipe adapted from Six Sisters' Stuff.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I've heard about this sort of chicken/yoghurt recipe, but I've never tried it myself before. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I've never made them with yogurt before, but I can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete